The Artes Group (hereinafter ARTES), based in 9150 Kruibeke, Burchtstraat 89, considers the protection of your privacy to be important. We therefore strive to process your Personal Data in a legal, honest and transparent manner.
When collecting and processing your Personal Data, we respect the Belgian legislation on the protection of Personal Data, as well as the General Data Protection Regulation ("AVG").
In this Privacy Statement, we explain what information we collect about you, what we use it for and to whom we disclose it. You will also find in this Privacy Statement what rights you have and how you can exercise them.
In short, our Privacy Statement states that we will use your Personal Data:
- Only use it for purposes agreed with you
- Not sell it
- Protect it carefully
If you have any questions, suggestions or remarks about the content of this Privacy Statement, you can always contact us by sending an email or by using the contact details below.
ARTES is the Controller of Personal Data as set out in this Privacy Statement.
ARTES comprises the following companies and shareholdings:
- Artes Group, with registered offices at 9150 Kruibeke, Burchtstraat 89, company number 0421.570.314
- Artes Roegiers, with registered office at 9150 Kruibeke, Burchtstraat 89, company number 0405.800.983
- Artes Depret, with registered office at 8380 Zeebrugge, Rederijskaai 61 box 0301, company number 0400.082.042
- Artes TWT, with registered office at 5300 Andenne, Rue de Géron 41, company number 0449.710.707
- Artes Prefab, with registered office at 9150 Kruibeke, Burchtstraat 99, company number 0806.662.193
- Artes Woudenberg, with registered office in 8200 Sint-Andries, Lieven Bauwensstraat 42, company number 0423.264.646
- Artes Projects, with registered office at 8380 Zeebrugge, Rederijskaai 61 box 0301, company number 0886.984.430
- Vanhaerents Development, with registered office at 9051 Sint-Denijs-Westrem, Poortakkerstraat 94, company number 0508.557.736
- Artes Terra, with registered office in 9150 Kruibeke, Burchtstraat 89, company number 0534.959.156
- Oleander, with registered office at 9051 Sint-Denijs-Westrem, Poortakkerstraat 94, company number 0526.893.211
- Van Maele, with registered office at 8490 Jabbeke, Schoolstraat 12, company number 0435.471.305
This Privacy Statement applies to all services provided by ARTES and, in general, to all activities that we carry out.
2. Terms used in this Privacy Statement
'Personal Data': personally identifiable information that directly or indirectly tells us something about you as a person (name, address, telephone number, etc.)
'Processor': the 'owner' of certain Personal Data. This can be ARTES itself or a third party (for instance our customers).
'Processor': the person who actually processes the Data. This can be ARTES (as service provider), or a third party that processes ARTES data.
3. What Personal Data do we process?
ARTES processes your Personal Data because you make use of our services and/or because you provide us with these data yourself.
ARTES processes Personal Data relating to natural persons with whom we have, have had or wish to have a direct or indirect relationship.
This includes the Personal Data of its customers, the contacts provided by its customers and suppliers, but also the contacts of its potential customers and the Personal Data of potential employees.
ARTES may collect or obtain the following Personal Data from you:
- Identity Data (name, address, e-mail address, mobile phone number, E-ID data)
- Data relating to your communication with the company (visits, telephone calls...)
- Data relating to invoicing (VAT number, bank account number)
- Data relating to your academic curriculum (in the context of a job application)
- Complaints you make or requests you make to us.
4. Why do we process Personal Data?
ARTES processes Personal Data for various purposes:
Providing our services to customers
We process identity and contact details of our customers, clients, their employees and other useful contacts in order to fulfil the agreement with our customers. We also keep records of when and how we communicate with our clients.
The purpose of these processes is our customer management. These processes are necessary for the execution of the agreement with our customer.
We process identity and invoice data in order to maintain our own accounting and invoicing. On the one hand, this processing is part of our legitimate interest, namely the possibility to keep our records and obtain payment for the services we provide. On the other hand, ARTES is under a legal obligation to maintain our accounts.
Maintaining our customer relationship
ARTES wishes to maintain its customer relationship. For this reason, we may use your contact details to keep you informed of our activities or invite you to events.
Sending such mailings to our customers is part of our legitimate interest and is also in the interest of our customers. Customers can unsubscribe from such mailings at any time.
ARTES processes identity and contact information of prospects in the context of direct marketing. It is part of our legitimate interest to process contact details of potential new customers. The sending of newsletters, participation in surveys or competitions is always based on the prospect's consent.
ARTES collects Personal Data for the purpose of recruiting new employees. This processing has its legal basis in, on the one hand, the consent of the prospective employee and, on the other hand, our legitimate interest in recruiting the appropriate candidate for a position.
5. Automated decision-making
ARTES does not make decisions about matters that could affect individuals on the basis of automated processing.
6. Access by and transfer to third parties
ARTES does not sell your Personal Data to third parties and only provides them if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. Such recipients of your Personal Data may only use them for the execution of the agreement between you and us. They do not have the right to use the data for other purposes. With the companies that process your Personal Data on our behalf, we conclude a processing agreement to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data.
In addition, ARTES may provide your Personal Data to third parties for the purpose of marketing activities carried out by this third party for ARTES.
7. Duration of the processing
ARTES will retain your Personal Data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
8. Confidentiality and security
ARTES undertakes to the best of its ability to take all reasonable measures to ensure the protection of your Personal Data through technical security measures in order to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification.
The Personal Data provided to ARTES are kept by ARTES on servers located in Belgium or the European Union. In addition, Personal Data may be stored on servers at Processors located in the United States. However, these are always Processors that are affiliated with the EU-US Privacy Shield.
9. Your Rights
You have the right to access, correct or delete your Personal Data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent for data processing or to object to the processing of Personal Data by ARTES. You also have the right to data portability. You can submit a request to us to send the Personal Data that we hold about you in a computer file to you or to another organisation named by you.
You can send a request to exercise one or more of the above rights to email@example.com. To ensure that the request is made by you, please enclose a copy of the front of your identity card.
We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, and in any event within 4 weeks.
Finally, we would also like to inform you that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
Commissie voor de Bescherming van de Persoonlijke Levenssfeer
10. Contact details
+32 3 744 07 44
This website uses the following cookies:
These cookies are essential in order to visit our website and use certain features.
Functional cookies are cookies that make the functioning of our website easier and more pleasant for the visitor and provide a more personalised browsing experience. For example, these are cookies that remember your preferences - such as the language setting - at some point.
Statistics are made of the information we collect with these cookies. These statistics give us insight into how often our web pages are visited and where visitors generally spend most time. This enables us to make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user-friendly as possible. Below is a list of the cookies that our sites use within this category:
- Google Universal Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Facebook Pixel